Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup mashed banana (about 3)
- 1 egg (large)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (plus extra to serve)
- ¾ cup milk
- unsalted butter (to grease the pan)
- store-bought, unsweetened vanilla yogurt (to serve)
- extra banana (sliced, to serve)
- Place ¾ cup buckwheat flour, ¾ cup spelt flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add 3 bananas, 1 large egg, ¼ cup maple syrup, and ¾ cup of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a little of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add ⅓ cup of the batter to the pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat with the butter and remaining batter.
- Divide pancakes between serving plates and top with yogurt and extra banana. Drizzle with extra maple syrup to serve.