Cacao and Hazelnut Granola
- 1 cup Buckwheat groats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ cup hazelnuts (chopped)
- ¼ cup flaxseeds (plus extra to serve)
- ¼ cup black chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (plus extra to serve)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- plain Greek yogurt and sliced pear (to serve)
- Rinse 1 cup buckwheat groats and place in a medium bowl with 1 cup of boiling water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- While the buckwheat is soaking, preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 tablespoon cacao powder, ½ cup hazelnuts, ¼ cup flaxseeds, ¼ cup chia seeds, ¼ cup sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl.
- When the buckwheat is done soaking, drain and add to the large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Spread the granola over the 2 baking sheets and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup cacao nibs and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve with yogurt, sliced pear, extra honey and extra flaxseeds.