Chicken and Tomato Packages with Quinoa
- 1 rimmed baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 Medium pot
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup black olives (pitted)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 ½ to 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut parchment paper into 4 rectangles, 12 x 18-inches each; fold each in half crosswise to crease, then reopen.
- Put the tomatoes and olives in a medium bowl. Spoon the tomato mixture onto one-half of the rectangle as close to the center as you can. Top each with 2 chicken thighs. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, a top with a sprig of thyme.
- Tightly roll each side of the open edges, pressing down to form a tight seal so the moisture can't escape.
- Put the packages on a rimmed baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes are tender and saucy, 25 to 30 minutes (open up 1 package to check).
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the quinoa and water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and season to taste.
- When the packages are ready, carefully open each. Serve hot or warm right in the packages or on plates with the juices poured over. Serve with the quinoa.