Cinnamon French Toast
- 1 Large shallow bowl or baking dish
- Non-stick griddle or large skillet
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 slices sourdough bread or low-fodmap gluten-free bread
- 1 tablespoon butter (plus more as needed)
- 100% pure maple syrup (to serve)
- low-fodmap fruit (to serve)
- In a large shallow bowl or baking dish, add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Heat butter on a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg-milk mixture, soaking to coat both sides.
- When the butter is bubbling, add a single layer of bread to the skillet. Cook until both sides are golden-brown, 2 - 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- To serve, top with maple syrup or fruit.