Peanut Butter Choc-Coconut Protein Bars
- 18 fresh dates (360g) (pitted)
- ¼ cup cacao powder (25g)
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts (140g) (plus extra, chopped, to serve)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut (50g) (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unflavoured protein powder (25g)
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (45g)
- 150 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- Line a lightly greased 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place 18 pitted dates, ¼ cup cacao powder, 1 cup peanuts, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup flaked coconut, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and ¼ cup protein powder in a food processor and process for 2 - 3 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Add ¼ cup cacao nibs and pulse to combine.
- Press the mixture into the tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the extra coconut and peanut.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets. Cut into 16 bars and serve.