Skillet Greens with Eggs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 green onions (scallions) (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (1kg) (trimmed and shredded)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs (large)
- sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground sumac
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves
- microgreens (optional) (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the leek and onion and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Add the Swiss chard and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until just wilted.
- Add the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir to combine.
- Make 4 spaces in the greens and carefully add the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, transfer to the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until the eggs are just set.
- Place the yogurt and garlic in a bowl, mix to combine and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Add the chilli, sumac, oregano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 - 4 minutes or until fragrant and the oregano is crisp.
- Sprinkle the oregano mixture over the greens and eggs and top with the garlic yogurt and microgreens to serve.