Edamame and Cucumber Salad with Warm Ginger Dressing and Quinoa
- 1 large pot
- 1 small pot
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 medium bowl
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ lime (zested)
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup edamame (shelled)
- 4 cups water
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced, green parts only)
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds (to garnish, optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add edamame and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- While the edamame is cooking, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Season to taste.
- While the edamame and quinoa cook put olive oil and sesame oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the lime zest and ginger. Let the oil warm up slowly, undisturbed until it starts to bubble steadily, about 10 minutes.
- Put the cucumber in a medium bowl. Add the edamame and scallion greens and pour over the warm oil; stir to coat well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds if you like and serve with the quinoa.