Sesame Beef Tacos with Quick Pickled Veggies + Chilli Crema
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 large skillet
- 1 small skillet
- 6 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 scallions (green parts only, thinly sliced)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium, gluten-free)
- 4 teaspoons sriracha (plus more to serve)
- ¼ ounce cilantro (chopped)
- 12 corn tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine radish, cucumber, vinegar, sugar (if using), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside, occasionally stirring, until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and a pinch of chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallion greens and cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking the meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons Sriracha, and a pinch of chili flakes to taste.
- While the beef cooks, heat tortillas on a dry skillet over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds per side.
- To serve, spread a bit of chili sour cream onto each tortilla. Top with beef, pickled vegetables, cilantro, and as much extra Sriracha and chili flakes as you like.